Thursday, December 21, 2006

This & that


This morning before breakfast I threw my first load of laundry into my new washing machine. By the time I finished my coffee I was hanging it out. The only catch is that it is still drying (10 hours later). Well - beats the laundramat.

The problem is I don't have gas hook up and my landlord hasn't decided if he will put it in for me. The old fashioned air dry method is fine with me, especially in the winter months because it gets some much humidity into the house. I just have to plan ahead.

There is one other catch: I have HARD water. Any suggestions on getting really clean laundry with hard water? It isn't bad, but I wish I had a water softener.

In other news...
Last night I caught some of W's news conference NPR. The talking heads were tearing him apart. Where where those guys 3 years ago? As I was listening I thought I could hear W's handlers cringe. He'd sort of dribble off on an answer and then suddenly get some energy into his voice and start free-lancing an answer. That's when I heard the cringe. I think he is seriously on the ropes. It would be satisfying if not for the fact that we're all implicated in this mess. We've unleashed a demon and it ain't pretty.

But we think Dale had breakfast with Gates in Baghdad this morning. If you looked sharp we think he is 3rd from the right of Gates in this photo. We saw him on video too, but now I can't it. Wonder what he told him?

No comments: