Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Be it ever so humble...

"Just say it over and over:
'There's no place like home...
There's no place like home...
There's no place like home...'"
Good witch to Dorothy
I've been busy. I spent most of Saturday getting ready for a trip up to Minneapolis, and then most of the day Sunday getting to Minneapolis. We drove about an 90 minutes out of town to meet our customer, arriving about dusk on Sunday. Then Monday was visiting all day with various teams of people, culminating in a high-level meeting with a couple of VPs and Executive VPs. Everything was smiles and thumbs up - we're moving forward. I keep saying: 'Execute. Execute. Execute. We gotta do it right!'

Then this morning we met with people from a different company up in St Paul, followed by a 3 hour camp out at a convenient Panera. Good thing I like their food. We finally caught our flight and, crammed in the back in seat 20A, I had a great view of the starboard engine about 8 inches outside my window. I also got to hear it all the way back. THANK YOU JESUS FOR BOSE NOISE CANCELLATION HEADPHONES!!!! Without them I think I would have assaulted the people around me. As it was, I turned on Dorado Schmitt's Gypsy Reunion and bounced all the way back to Midway. Then it was a short (attempt at scarcasm) 2 1/2 hour drive back to Goshen. I'm home now, safe, and glad to be here.

No comments: