Friday, December 29, 2006

Thanks...

All week I've had this acorn squash sitting on my countertop, and tonight its time had come.

So I cracked open Ben's Christmas present (Simply in Season) and looked for winter squash recipes, quickly settling on a variation of stuffed squash. (Actually I sort of grabbed ideas from each, and it turned out great.) Then I used another of Ben's presents to dip a bowl of ice cream which I plopped into Leena's handmade bowl, and I topped it with Ralph's Waterloo County maple syrup. Too bad it isn't a sin! Thanks one and all for your contributions to a great meal.

Leena and I got her photos hung last night. Her present to me was a single work made up of six photos taken at Thanksgiving at the last family gathering at Mom's house. OK, I'm biased both because she's my daughter and because of the content, but they are great art. If you're in town, you really have to come by and see them. Let me know and I'll arrange a private viewing, but you have to come this weekend or wait until February. She has to take them back to Waterloo for a critique.

Today we finished emptying Mom's house. Pretty stark.

No comments: