Meme
Joe tagged me with a meme. Being a MAWG this is the first time I've been tagged. I'm flattered.Rules:
*Find the nearest book.Here goes:
*Name the title and author.
*Turn to p. 123.
*Post sentences 6-8.
*Tag 3 more people.
Folksingers WordBook, compiled by Fred and Irwin Sibler.
Page 123 lands you on the first page of the chapter 'Songs of coal miners, textile workers, long-line skinners, track-liners, field hands and other HARD-WORKING PEOPLE.' (If you don't know the name of this tune, or can't sing it in your head, we've lost something in America.)
Now the man that invented the steam drill,Having just heard a sermon about Mary's Magnificat, I think Polly Anne would have identified with her.
He thought he was might fine;
But John Henry drove fifteen feet,
The steam drill only made nine. (Lord, Lord)
John Henry hammered in the mountains,
His hammer was striking fire;
But he worked so hard, it broke his heard
And he laid down his hammer and he died. (Lord, Lord)
Now John Henry had a little woman,
Her name was Polly Anne,
John Henry took sick and had to go to bed,
Polly Anne drove steel like a man. (Lord, Lord)
Now the problem with this meme... I only know 4 other bloggers. Joe's one and he tagged It Never Happened and Some Bird. So I guess I have to go with my fourth: ABB. But I don't think she reads my blog. I just hope memes aren't like chain letters that if you break them you get pox or an IRS audit. (If so, do I get to choose? I'd prefer the pox, please.) I gotta get more of my friends to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment