Nice words
Last night the band formerly known as the Barn Owl String Band played a benefit in Kalamazoo. This morning one on the band members sent me this in an email:
I really enjoyed the gig last night -- those "extra" fiddle bits you added in here & there (I'm especially thinking of the chorus on Wagon Wheel) were genius! Bruce had his little recorder in the audience and captured someone behind him saying "he's a great fiddler!".What a nice thing to say. And the dual compliment - one from a respected fellow musician and one from an anonymous audience member - is especially meaningful.
I say FKA the BOSB because a quick google search turned up a band in central Iowa called the Barn Owls. They've been around for at least 5 years. My proposed alternative: the Screech Owl String Band - what better name for a band with two fiddles? Unless, of course, we dropped the word 'String' and then we would have a unique name and a great acronym.
No comments:
Post a Comment