Friday, October 17, 2008

Wednesday & Thursday, Oct 15 - 16 - Travel to Das Marinas, Cavite

I left my house at about 8am local time, flew from South Bend to Chicago to Hong Kong and to Manila, arriving in Manila about midnight local time on Thursday (noon back home). Ben met me at the Manila airport and we caught cab and jeepney back to his apartment, arriving there at about 2am.

Jeepneys are one of the cool things about Philippines. They are everywhere. They are a privately-owned bus. They follow a specific route back and forth across a section of a town. You flag it down, jump in the back, pass your payment up to the driver, and jump out when you get to your destination. Each Jeepney is pimped out with horns and lights and extraneous sheet metal fins and wings. Some even have one or more windshield wipers. Each has a name. They belch a smelly diesel exhaust.

Of course after 30 hours on the road, I'm pretty much exhausted. Ben and I crash and wake up the next morning about 8am.

No comments: