Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Don't leave home without it...

I learned this week that it is ok to leave home without a visa card, but you darn well better have an unexpired driver's license and failing that your passport. Failing that it is a good idea to have a key hidden so your pastor doesn't have to break a window to get into your house to find your passport so he can fax the inside cover information to you so you can show it to TSA in hopes that they'll let you on the plane for the return flight. You don't need visa because the cabbie will accept amex since you can't rent a car without a valid driver's license.

Does it sound like I had an interesting trip to Boston?

With all that I made it home - on time - and with a minimum of hassle. All is well.

I'm packed and leaving at 8am for South Bend to Chicago to Hong Kong to Manilla. Imagine me landing Thursday at noon in Manila, except it will be midnight local time with a 1 - 2 hour jeepney ride to #1 Son's house, and I will tell you when it is all said and done whether it really is not that far, right?

No comments: