Harvest...
In a couple days I leave until almost the end of October and I figure we will get a frost before I get home. So tonight after work I went through the garden and pulled in the obvious stuff: sweet and hot peppers, beans, a small handful of peas, basil and a couple of sorry looking tomatoes. What you don't see in the photo are the three batches of pesto that I made for supper and the freezer. Putting a little summer in safe place. I love biting into pesto and getting bit back by the fresh garlic. A little glass of wine and everyone is happy.
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to try and overwinter the rosemary plant. What I'm reading on line is that I might as well pot it and see what happens. In the weeks before dad died he was on a mission to grow a rosemary plant and keep it going. He had tried a couple of years and been unsuccessful. The weekend he died Mom, Joe, Leena and I drove out south of Bristol to a greenhouse kept by a friend of his and bought a healthy-looking plant (or tried to buy - when the woman heard why we were there she wouldn't take anything for it). L and I took it home for the winter and promptly killed it.
I'm on track to be ready to leave next week for Philippines. I'm really happy and excited about going - looking forward to seeing #1 son and this world he's been living in. I have a bunch of yard work to take care of before I go, and it looks like the weather will cooperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment