Friday, October 24, 2008

On my way ---- almost...

Depending on when you count I start home tomorrow at 6:30am, or I started on Wednesday when we boarded the van for Puerto Princesa. I prefer to think I start home tomorrow.

Hiked in a bonafide jungle yesterday with birds making sounds that sent shivers down your back. Today was a guided paddle up a mangrove forest preserve. Saw wild orchids in both places, but no blooms.

We arrived back in Manila an hour ago (7:30pm local time). Ben picked up his absentee ballot and I'm violating PC rules by using a computer in the volunteer library.

My only anxiety is getting to the airport in time to catch my flight. Shouldn't be a problem since we decided to stay in Manila overnight instead of going back to B's apartment 90 minutes plus from the airport with no jeepney or cab available when I would need it.

I won't check email or post again until I'm home.

No comments: