Friday, October 06, 2006


Life savers!


Floyd's call Sunday evening that his neighbor is interested in a house sitter for the winter.
Kevin's call Friday afternoon pointing out that it is a beautiful day and that I needed to get out of the office and get some fresh air. 18 holes later I felt almost human.
Ralph's conversation Thursday night that was a long distance blanket around my shoulders.
Supportive calls, hugs, emails and conversations from family and friends scattered around the world.
A crew of great guys who readily drop their Sunday afternoon plans to help me move.
A staff of amazing employees who carry on in my absence without missing a beat.

How do people who don't have family and friends make it through something like this? I can't imagine.

Tomorrow Mom and I drive to St Louis to The Big Read to cheer for Joe in his first public appearance promoting Cross X. I'm so excited to actually get my own copy and to see him in public.

Then it is back Sunday for The Big Move. No tents or speechs planned for that event. Maybe I'll borrow a camera and get some photos of the crew and my new digs.

Wish us safe driving.

No comments: