Whining
Sometimes its hard not to whine about business travel. The whole activity is dehumanizing. Beauty is hard to find.
Yesterday's trip started with mechanical trouble on the flight out of South Bend. We get on the plane. And then sit. Get off. Check out alternate plans. Good news: we can get back on and fly. But I miss my connection in Detroit, get rerouted through Indianapolis... arriving in KC at 6 instead of 2 - and miss Joe. Three ups and downs instead of 2. My ears hurt.
Food in airports suck. Then there is the dehydration factor. Plus all the hotels except the Super 8 seemed to be booked so I'm down the hall from smokers in a room that feels grimy, and the 'Continental Breakfast' they advertise is a donut. Not 'donuts'; donut. The OJ was good and I'm off to find a real breakfast. With coffee.
Enough whining.
No comments:
Post a Comment