Wednesday, September 27, 2006


Welcome!


Welcome to M-AW-G's blog!

So I have to have a reason for the name, right?

Several converging lines...

First there was the conversation several years ago with Naela, a new employee from Palestine with the name that I had to practice to get right. Nii-ella? No, Naela. Nay-ella? No, Naela. Naella? No, Naela. Naela? Not bad... Not bad for a middle-aged white-guy? I wasn't going to say that! No, but it's what you were thinking. Well, yes.

Middle-aged White-guy became a running joke. Any time I did something Naela even mildly approved of (which wasn't much) she'd say "Not bad.." and I'd complete "...for a middle-aged white-guy."

Then a few days ago I ran into Shark Fu, the Angry Black Bitch and I thought "this woman has got it!" Her post about 'M' had me in tears.

Then I ran into the new Weird Al Yankovitch video and thought 'you know, I'm neither black, nor particulary angry, nor particularly bitchy, but I am a middle-aged white-guy.

And then this past weekend my wife and Idecided to end our marriage of 31 years. I'm looking for an apartment and I want a way to stay in touch with my extended family through this transition. So I'm launching this blog. In a few days I'll let my friends and family know it is here, and then I'll see what happens.

Which is characteristic of the rest of my life right now!

1 comment:

Joe Miller said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! You're off to a fabulous start! I can't tell you thrilled I am to see you have a link to AngryBlackBitch.