Thursday, October 19, 2006

Customers

Day 3 of this 4 day trip was user conference day. We had about 25 people from 8 or 10 companies. They were looking for new ideas, and they seemed really happily stretched. Smiles and good reviews for all our presentations. Lots of forward-looking opportunities.

4 of the companies are wannabes. They are about to make a purchase. I'm making it a policy to not name my clients - mainly because I don't want to tip off my competitors. But you can think of a major restaurant chain and probably the premier speaker maker in the world.

Tomorrow we're spending the morning with the speaker people. We'll walk in with their data and, we hope, walk out with an order or at least the path to one clearly in place. Then I'm ready to head home. This has been a very productive trip, and frankly its been good to get my head out of my own troubles and into a broader perspective. But I'm looking forward to the weekend.

No comments: