Statistics...
If you can read this, I'm home.As I write this the little screen in front of me reports:
- 38000 feet
- 3145 miles traveled
- 1065 miles to destination
- 531 mph ground speed
- 10:02 estimated time of arrival
My wake up call came at 4:30am. Which isn't so bad until you realize 4:30am in London is 11:30pm the prior evening at home.
My meeting yesterday went fine, although I won't know for several months if it was worth the extra two days stay over. I got back to Heathrow in time last night to catch the Tube downtown. You may remember I promised that the next time I was in London I was going to catch a concert or show. So I kept my promise.
Thanks to the wonders of the Internet I found a month-long Schubert festival in progress and last night caught the Lawson Trio perform Piano Trios by Shostakovich (#2) and Schubert (D929) in an old church in London. (There is a redundant phrase - old church in London - if there ever was one). It was a very intimate setting, heighted by the small audience. You would think that a city of over 7 million could turn out more than 30 people for a performance of this caliber.
- 903 miles to destination
- We're just passing Montreal. Normally I'd stop to see my daughter if I was within 7 miles, but since these are vertical miles, I'll just wave. 738 miles to destination.
My battery is running down so I'll close down.
If you're reading this you'll know I've made it safely home; I won't have a chance to post this before I arrive.
PS: Arrived safely, on time and exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment