Monday, January 15, 2007

Back home again, in Indiana...

The 8th DS team arrived home about 5pm Saturday evening, and it seems like I haven't had time to catch my breath since.

Sunday afternoon I really wanted to attend Fran's memorial service, so I went. But it was another chunk out of my day. And then I let myself avoid other tasks while I researched the local housing market. I don't mind saying that I find it a little discouraging. I have lots of time, so I'm not in a panic, but there is something unsettling to have that unresolved. I love Gypsy fiddle music, but I'd make a lousy Gypsy.

Part of the busyness is looking ahead I have something up every night this week. Its too much. I need to learn to say no more often.

This afternoon I had my biennial physical. I got to pee into a cup, and then I was weighed, measured, poked and prodded. 'Relax AND bear down.' Right. So far I'm OK on all fronts, and the back too. No sign of diabetes. Height and Weight ratio is good. Blood pressure is outstanding. Tomorrow morning I get a blood test, and the doc is also recommending the dreaded colonoscopy. I can hardly wait. Max is a really good doctor. Sits down and explains everything very well. He is an educator.

Tomorrow night we'll read through Neil's Orchid Piece for the first time. There's the rub: I'm busy, but how can I complain when it is the opportunity to rehearse a brand new piece of music written especially for our little orchestra!

No comments: