Ole Miss...
I woke up this morning in Jackson, a little sore from walking 18 holes on soggy ground. This was after leaving Goshen in rain and 50 degrees at 5:30am. Took the limo to Midway, met J, and landed in Jackson at noon. We managed to finish #18 in the twilight - just barely able to see the ball.Most fun shot: I chipped on the green from about 40 yards out. The shot was perfect, but I underestimated how the soggy ground would react to my club coming through and I completely spattered myself. I haven't had such a good a laugh in a long time.
J and I discussed business and life all the way down and all around the course. We're such different people, but I really enjoy his company.
We asked a couple of locals in the course parking lot where we should go for dinner. Our requirement was 'locally owned and operated.' They sent us to the El Dorado Steak House. If you're ever in Jackson, it is the best steak ever. (With apologies to my meat-avoiding relatives.)
Today we play another round, and then I meet another J who is flying into Jackson and driving over to Meridian. I'll ride with him to meet the 8th DSers, who should arrive there a few hours ahead of us at Pine Lake Camp. Then we spend the week helping Rebuild East Mississippi any way we can. I think we'll be doing a lot of roofing projects.
I expect Internet connections will be hard to come by, so I probably won't post much this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment