Aging and the fountain of youth...
Last week I stopped by Krogers to pick up some milk. I usually use the self-service check out, but I usually pay by check so I still have to interact to the attendant.Damned if she didn't ask me "Are you sure you don't want the senior discount?" Come on - do I really look 65?
So today I was back and this time my purchases included a bottle of cheap red wine. The scanner tells you to show your ID to the attendant, and damned if the attendant didn't actually study it to be sure I was of legal age!
Who would expect Kroger to provide the best laugh of the morning? And next time they offer me the senior discount, I'm going to take it.
Right after Kroger's I stopped in at Jim's to see my new mandolin. Body is assembled, bound, almost ready to finish. Neck (after, he confessed, an embarrassing set back) is just about set and ready for final carving. He has a pretty good match for color with my fiddle, so he is about ready to start the finish. He told me he is out the last half of February and first part of March, so he wants to get it done my mid-Feb! I'm getting anxious to hear it.
No comments:
Post a Comment