Thursday, March 20, 2008

Very nice...

If you've visited my house, you may have been one of the people who has commented on my really ugly lace curtains. The previous owner took most of them when she left, but my living room had them on every window when I moved in.

After taking grief from several people, I took down all except one window (so I wouldn't have a complete fish bowl effect). Finally a couple weeks ago I got around to ordering replacement blinds.

I found very nice double-cell blinds on-line, ordered a set and the first couple showed up the other night on my porch. Tonight I finally installed the first one.

It looks so good. It is just a pleasure to look at.

Those old curtains really were ugly. My new blinds are very trim and clean looking, and they show off the oak trim so well. I don't think I'm going to bother with any other kind of curtain or valence - at least for now.

Know anyone that wants some lace curtains?

No comments: