Drowned rat...
I read the weather report online this morning and decided that the 60% chance of rain forecast for mid afternoon tapering to 40% by 5 or 6pm was worth the chance - especially given a 60 degree high.So at 4:30 when I looked out the window and saw it pouring I thought "Well there is always the bus." But by 5:15 it had stopped so I hoped on my bike and headed home, feeling pretty pleased with myself that I had dodged the big rain.
As I biked along the bike path by the retention pond west of Greencroft, I noticed lots of drops falling in the pond and I thought "thats interesting - because it sure isn't raining up here just 50 feet away." By the time I hit the music center it was coming down pretty hard.
So maybe 40% chance of rain means that it rains hard along 40% of your route. Thats why I looked like a drowned rat by the time I got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment