Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Trash...

Maybe I'm just grumpy, but I'm sick and tired of all the crap that shows up at my door that I didn't ask for and I don't want. Why does someone think I need not one but two 2 1/2" thick yellow pages phone books? They show up like a noisy relative on vacation in a cheap suit. Leave me alone!

And how do I stop "The Paper" from showing up every week?

Don't even get me started on credit card offers.

And then there is the weekly batch of fliers for cheap pizza and cheap checks and I don't know what else that comes in the post every Wednesday, rain or shine.

Turn down the noise and save a tree for godsakes. For my sake. For my children's sake.

They just keep coming.

3 comments:

Floyd Saner said...

I've wondered the same about The Paper. One convenient aspect of The Paper is that it gets stuffed in my mailbox paper slot on trash days. I take out the trash and in goes The Paper. Not very friendly to the environment, thought.

On credit card junk - try https://www.optoutprescreen.com

Anonymous said...

There's also a service called Earth Class Mail where you can have all of your mail routed to a central location, they scan and send you the image and you decide whether to recycle, ask them to scan and forward that image, or forward unopened. You pay $10 - $60 per month, depending on how much mail you get.

ben said...

consumer society functions on the basis of selling crap, and lots of it. they have to advertize to sell it. not only should you appreciate the advertizements, you should also feel guilty about not buying more things.