Crimson...
Tonight I went to hear, or more accurately see, my brother's daughter sing in the Crimsonaires, our high school's swing choir. As a listener, swing choirs aren't exactly in my sweet spot.But I really had to see my niece in a floofy dress, with fluttering hands and the crimsonaire's smile. She's always seemed to prefer sweat pants, so it was fascinating to see this other side of her so publicly displayed.
Great Job, Nor.
Actually the last piece of the night had me in tears. I think it was something like 'You'll always be in my heart', sung sitting quietly (the least swingy of the pieces) at the front of the stage while pictures of the choir members as little kids were projected behind them on the stage.
Sigh.
Even though my kids are well out of high school, I still know enough of those kids (and their parents) to remember them in those preschool and elementary years.
Some how it got me right in the gut. I know it's a cliche, but it just seems like yesterday. Where did the time go? Sure the emotions are intensified by the changes I've been though in the last year, but it's also more than that. It's about aging and a profound sense of loss.
It's a good thing I haven't been drinking. I'd be positively maudlin.
No comments:
Post a Comment