Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wakey, Wakey..

This week and next I'm doing a series of presentations to one of my clients. I'm doing two presentations to two different groups. It is a world-wide company so one of the groups is scattered across North America. That is the easy one because they want the presentation mid-afternoon my time. The other group is scattered across Europe and Asia, so the time that suits everyone is broadcasting at 5am my time.

The broadcast consists of me logging into a website with my laptop and then 'sharing my desktop' over the internet. This means that anyone who comes to that website can see my computer screen. Then we all call a telephone number to a 'conference bridge' that lets everyone talk at the same time. It is pretty amazing technology and sure beats flying to the Netherlands, China and Florida for two hour meetings at each location. So I shouldn't complain about my alarm going off at 4:30 this morning, but I wonder if I can go back to sleep now.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: