Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trolley update...

Common wisdom in my fair city is that the Trolley has been running now for 4 or 5 years and still doesn't have any passengers. I want to report to you that that just isn't true.

I admit that four people on it at one time is a good crowd, but I'm not sure that I've ever been the only rider. This morning there were six people on when I boarded. Six! I made it seven. That might be a new record.

For the most part I've been really happy with the service. It is more or less on time, and since I live and work almost right on the route it is a huge convenience for me. I'm delighted to leave my car in the garage and jump on a bus when the streets are too slippery for my bike. I even get a few minutes to catch up on a little reading.

No comments: