Not proud. ANGRY!!!
I tuned into NPR tonight just in time to hear Former CIA officer John Kiriakou talk about waterboarding.At first I was impressed with his comments that
"In 2002, I believed that desperate times called for desperate measures. And we were so convinced that al-Qaida was planning another massive attack that we really felt that we needed to do anything to get the information to disrupt it.But at the end of the story he says that waterboarding worked, and that it is a real agency success story. He said we should be proud of the CIA.
"In the meantime, we've had five years to develop new sources of information, to improve relations with other countries who could provide us additional information. And I've come to the belief that not only is it unnecessary, but that as Americans, we're better than that and we shouldn't be engaging in a practice like waterboarding."
God help us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment