Calapan...
I woke up this morning and called 13 hours into the future. As most of you know, #1 son is 7 or 8 months into a 27 month Peace Corps assignment. He is vacationing this week in Calapan, on Mindoro Island about a 1 hour ferry ride from his home island. Phone connections are always a little ragged, so I'm not sure I heard everything. But I think he is spending Christmas with several other PC volunteers. Next weekend he'll be back visiting his first host family. He says the package arrived in Manila, and he'll pick it up next weekend. He sounded in good spirits, and glad to be on break with friends.Church concluded today with the tradition of singing the Hallelujah Chorus. The choir led it from the front, so I stood between JohnL and Hans and belted out the bass line. What we lack in finesse and musicality we make up for with enthusiasm.
In other news...
I bought paint to cover over the faux brick in my kitchen. I'll work on that over the next few days.
Christmas day will be spent in town with family, and then Wednesday I'm driving to Montreal to visit #1 daughter. With overnight stops halfway there and back visiting friends I should be home sometime the 1st.
And the other news... Floyd asked again if he could store his bike for the winter in the Garagemahal. We had discussed it earlier and at first I didn't jump at the chance. Then I hit on the perfect payment plan: next summer teach me to ride and take me on a trip somewhere. I think he'll move it in sometime this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment