Connections...
I arrived home a few minutes ago from an intense four days on the road. I walked in the house about 11:15, but since I was too wired to crawl into bed I checked email.The first was a note my ex forwarded that Garth's twin babies were born at 28 weeks. The simple version of the news is that they are as healthy as 2lb 5oz (and 2lb 7oz) babies can be. The accompanying photos underlined Garth's adjective: vulnerable. They are so tiny. Maybe I'm just over tired, but I just about started crying.
Then I opened the second email to the news that my old friend Erick died. I suppose I should feel relief that his brilliant, compassionate mind was released from his slowly deteriorating (MS?) body. And I did start crying.
There is some kind of symmetry to these emails, especially since both have their roots in Winnipeg, but I felt both scared and sad at the news.
On a lighter note: my trip was good. It was four very long days. Every flight was actually on time, in spite of winter weather. Tonight I was hoping I'd have time to catch up with the impeach bush/cheney walker. Yesterday he walked right past the Providence airport, so I just missed him by 24 hours. I planned to drive down Hwy 1 to see if I could meet him, but I had barely enough time to return my rental car and get through security before my plane boarded.
No comments:
Post a Comment