Friday, December 28, 2007

Filling in the gaps...

I arrived at John's sister's place mid-afternoon Wednesday. If anyone has stretched the meaning of family, it is John and Rita. Family is anyone you get along with or have some interests in common.

People seemed to come and go all the time. Food and drink were plentiful, and the conversation bounced from politics (Canadian and US) to travel (Europe and Yukon) to art and, of course, food and drink. I got to see a few catalogs of Rita's stunning costume masterpieces.

Yesterday was a long day of driving, described below. Thanks to audio books (Maeve Binchy - Evening Classes) for keeping me awake.

This morning we went drove to MEC to buy each other's Christmas presents. Then we drove around the mountain past $6 Million homes with fantastic views and to Leena's favourite Indian restaurant. Tonight I'll install the Christmas present on her bike and then we'll probably head out to a jazz club. Other than that we're just taking it easy!

No comments: