Sunday, May 13, 2007

Old Hundredth...

Whenever I login to the blogger, it tells me how many posts I've filed. I can hardly believe this is #100! When I started this back in September, I didn't quite know what I was doing or where it would lead. I still don't. A lot has happened in those 8 months!

I enjoy the writing, and occasionally someone tells me they like reading it. As long as the first part is true, I'll keep at it. And I have to confess, I like knowing friends and family check in on it from time to time.

Last night was the final MCCO concert of the season. The show went well, with a nice crowd. I really enjoyed the first half of the concert. By the second half I was getting tired and having a hard time concentrating, so I don't think I played as well. Staying wholly present for a whole concert is hard work, and I ran out of gas.

Actually, that's what happened this evening when I shot a 53 on the front 9 at Timber Ridge. The first couple holes were great, and then I put one in the water on #5, drove my tee shot 40yds to the right on #6 (a par 3), and topped it all with a complete fubar (what HL calls a snowman) on #7. Maybe there is a theme running through this.

Tomorrow I'm playing my first real golf since Mississippi in January. This week I'm sleeping in Chicago Monday night, Minneapolis on Tuesday, and expecting to return to Reynolds Street late Wednesday night. Then I'm home for a few weeks.

No comments: