Saturday, May 19, 2007

Music...

Last night was 3rd Friday's at Rachel's Bread. I made a point of inviting the brothers of the g string along. It turned out to be a much smaller group than the last time I was there, and it was a lot of fun. Of course the Schmaltzentrubers have a lot of material to draw from, and it was fun having Jim's dobro with that. Then the other musicians brought some great songs, and those in turn triggered other tunes. Leo never ceases to amaze me with his memory. A couple of times he said "Oh that reminds me of a song I haven't thought of in years. Lets see, try it in G..." and he'd lead off on some ballad or love song and he'd know enough verses to pull it off. When I do that the last half of every verse ends up "da daa, da daa da daaa."

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that Elana James is coming to town. She is one of the really good jazz/swing fiddlers playing today. I emailed her to ask for a fiddle lesson, and surprise surprise, she agreed to give me one when she is in town!

No comments: