Monday, May 07, 2007

Fare thee wells...

This morning I boarded a plane for a five day business trip to Phoenix. I also said goodbyes to both daughter and son, who leave, respectively, on Tuesday and Wednesday for 14 months in Quebec/Ontario/Quebec and 27 months in Philippines. Time spent with them in Goshen these last few weeks was precious, and I savored, and am grateful for, every minute we had.

Words can't express all that I feel, or all that I wish for them. But any parent who has watched their child grow from the little girl who turns cart wheels, or the little boy making motor noises with his matchbox cars ('get your vrummer going'), and into thoughtful, creative, adventurous young adult knows what I'm talking about. These are people whose insight and counsel I respect, and whom I'd be proud to call my friends. And by God, they're my children.

Go kids! You amaze me and I'm so damned proud of you. You ride on the wings of my prayers. I love you both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww, dad...