Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pot-O-Gold...

Tonight driving back from Chicago I followed a bank of thunderstorms all the way across Northern Indiana. The radio reported a tornado watch for LaPorte County, just ahead of me. By the time I passed LaPorte, the ski was clearing behind me . It let the sun through and I followed a rainbow (sometimes double) all the way into Elkhart. At one point - where the mint fields used to be along the US20 Bypass - it looked like the right end of the bow was coming down in a field just a few hundred yards off the highway. Then the sky closed behind me, and it poured cats and dogs. But by the time I pulled into town the sun was blazing behind me again, low on the horizon, even while the rain poured on top of me. The rainbow came out behind the high school, and as I pulled up to my Reynold's Street house it was as bright as the transfiguration - just more colorful.

And then when I got home I found Verizon had connected my DSL. I'm back on line!

No comments: