Going public...
Take a deep breath...Are you ready?
OK...
Ummmm... Where do I start?
I've told my family...
I've told my pastors...
I've told a few friends...
And now alert reader, I'm telling you...
Sara and I are dating. 8th Streeters will know who Sara is. The rest of you can call call or email me for details. I'm not going to gush all over this blog. (Update: an alert reader pointed out that there is more than one Sara at 8th St. Suzi will be relieved to know that this is NOT the 19 yr old. If you need more hints, go to your directory, start with Yoder and work your way backwards.)
I explained it to one friend this way: 'I don't think either of us feels we NEED the other; our paths have taught us that we don't need someone else to be a whole person. But somehow life is a little richer - has a little more color - because of the other.'
So far this news, shared with people who know us well and whose opinions we each respect and value, has been met with delight and affirmation. I'm surprised how much that means to me.
In other news...
I'm expecting this blog will go into hibernation for a couple of weeks. I'm moving tomorrow and Verizon won't get my phone and Internet connected right away. I can still pick up email, but I have very limited time at work to spend on the blog. Stay tuned... I'll be back.
1 comment:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment