Back again...
What do you call it when you steal someone else's wireless internet connection? I'm sure there must be a name for it. The signal from BEEV123's unsecure wireless connection is weak, but just enough to connect. It will have to hold me over until verizon gets my line working.This has been a busy and stressful couple of weeks. Monday I finished my move out of the 15th street apartment. I had it cleaned out by about 9:30pm. Most of the stuff is still in boxes, but I can make coffee and I have a bed to sleep in, so what more do I need, right?
The house that I'm sitting is decorated in a style that is, well, not to my taste. Leo called it 'French Country Whorehouse, circa 1860', but I probably shouldn't mention that in case it ever gets back to the owner.
Wednesday night I walked through a house on Leroy that I'm somewhat interested in. It is next door to Don & Brenda's, and has a great sun room on the south side of the house. Downside is no basement and hot water heat in the floor. I think I have a few days to consider it, and in the meantime there is an open house Sunday for a place on 3rd street that I'm interested in.
Tonight was the grand opening party for the new addition to the hospital. I was invited as a past board member. The new facility is very impressive. The celebration was very much in line with the ceo's style (this is turning into a post on style) which is not French Country Whorehose, but isn't my taste either. We had the Purdue Men's Glee Club sing for us during supper. My mouth dropped open when the only five (of probably 60) black men in the group were singled out to do a cover of 'My Girl', complete with stilted choreographed arm motions and dance steps. Made me think of the a Richard Pryor skit I saw on utube recently. I also learned what a great conversation stopper a direct answer can be when someone asks you where your wife is.
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to getting a few things unpacked and organized, and tax returns finally posted with appropriate payments. Lawn mowing doesn't start for another week or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment