Housing 3.1...
Yesterday I got a call from the realtor: "Congratulations! They accepted your offer." Sunday afternoon I went to an open house across the street from Kevin's. I've had my eye on this place for some weeks, and I liked it when I saw it. I went back the following evening with Pete & Marilyn and walked through it again, and decided to make an offer. The realtor and I wrote it up that evening, and they accepted the next morning.The house is in really good shape. (I tried to upload a picture. Don't know why it isn't displaying. I'll try again later.) Built in 1910. Oak trim throughout. Reputed to have mint condition oak flooring under new carpet on the main floor. That may come up. New windows. Good roof. New carpet through much of it. New kitchen (tiny, no dishwasher, but well organized with new cupboards and sink. Walls and ceilings in like new condition. Tastefully decorated (no purple rooms). Good basement. Two and a half car heated garage!!! (Eat your heart out Floyd.) Window treatments need some work. The flagpole on the front lawn will probably come up.
We haven't set a closing date. I hope to put it off as long as possible since I'll never have housing as cheap as I have right now. July 15 would be perfect, but we'll see. It may take that long for the current occupant to move all their stuff out of it.
I'm typing this at home. My neighbor's WiFi signal is particularly strong tonight. Is it because of the overcast sky? Verizon is getting my phone installed tomorrow. If I have time tomorrow night maybe I'll get the line switched inside the house and I'll actually get my phone (and Internet) line connected. I'm hopelessly addicted to Internet access 24/7 from my couch, or the bed, or even, heaven forbid, the bathroom.
2 comments:
Congratulations! Can't wait to see it.
Congratulations!!! The house looks nice. Your friends demand a celebration party as soon as possible after occupancy. We could also have a razing of the flag pole. I wonder how much extra you paid for the signs on the front porch - "God Bless America" and "Proud To Be An American". I also wonder who will be "watching" whom - you/Kevin or Kevin/you!
Post a Comment