Saturday, March 10, 2007

Solar powered...

I told my neighbor today that I'm solar powered. I was returning on my bike from a trip to the market. The sun was out, (the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you, dear prudence... ) and even with the breeze it seemed almost balmy. Then there is that glorious smell of mud after the sterile snow cover.

I don't know which was more fun, though, winning 4 games of squash out of 6, or the deep theological discussion over the dinner at Antonio's that followed. I had the farfella with pine nuts, crowned by a glass of excellent merlot.

Tonight we spring forward, so I need to get to bed to do my part to conserve energy. Hog wash. I think in a prior life I must have been a gruff old conservative farmer who didn't buy any of these new fangled ideas these politicians try to foist on us. Will Rogers: "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

No comments: