Invasion...
I forgot to mention that a couple weekends ago I was invaded. My landlord's daughter, husband, 3 kids, dog, cat, (and I'm told rat, although I haven't heard that yet) sold their house faster than expected, needed a place to stay, and so they occupy the other half of my house.Its all fine. They didn't kick me out of the garage. The kids (age maybe 3 to 7) don't run screaming when they see me, but they always seem a little shocked when I open my door. The dog is my most vocal critic, especially when they're not home and she hears me in the entryway or (worse) in my own apartment. For the first week I tried calling "Hi Sadie..." sweetly to her, but it didn't seem to help. If I was going to stay any longer I'd buy a box of dog biscuits and confront her with them. As it is, at this point I've stopped calling and I try to keep the noise down when I'm in my place. I can put up with most anything through the end of the month. And the cat has only woke me up once at 3am, so we get along OK too.
No comments:
Post a Comment