Housing Version 3.0...
Buried in the last post was mention of a house that I planned to go through on Monday. The best and worst thing is the location. It is on the North side of the river, about 2 1/2 or 3 miles from downtown. I love the idea of living on the river - I'd have a small woods in my backyard and a place to launch a kayak. On the other hand, I really love commuting everywhere I can on bike. This place is far enough out, and offers only one way in and out of town on a narrow county road.
The house itself is nothing special - in fact it is about as dull a house as you can find: your basic (Basic with a capital B) ranch. It backs to the south, but does absolutely nothing to take advantage of winter sun. Arghh - why are people so stupid?
I think if the place had even a little charm or was just a little closer it would be easier to say yes to it. I haven't said a final no, but I'm leaning that way. Maybe I'm being too picky. Right not I have some time (end of July) before I have to panic, so I think I can afford to be picky for a little while longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment