Sunday, March 18, 2007

Running out of superlatives...

Amazing!
Cool!
Awesome!
Wow!
Fantastic!
Stupendous!
Inspiring!
Sweet!
Incredible!
F!@#ing A!
Impressive!
Really impressive!!!

I realized how limited my vocabulary was as I was gushing about my joy-ride in Steve's new copter. Here are a couple of pictures of the pilot and the gusher, followed by some aerial shots of the landmarks of friendly Goshen.




What is so impressive is how smooth Steve is. At initial lift off, he turns the 'copter 360 degrees, hovering about 4 feet off the ground. There is a strong and sometimes gusty West wind, and the copter always want to weather vane so it faces the wind. To turn all the way around, and hold it steady is __________________ (fill in the superlative). And Steve makes it look so easy.

Take off is a rush, no doubt about it. Sometime ask Steve about the Grinch.

Just after take off, looking SW from the airport.


Looking NE over the race. County Court House top center. Farmer's Market mid-bottom center. FBCU building a little to the left of it.


See the house just above the river with the big brown roof? Count 3 houses to the left and that's the one I'm going through tomorrow morning. More news on that later.


Company home.

Friendly fliers.

Preflight checklist. "Lean it out a little more..."



Steve let me fly it for a few minutes (about 2000' - he had plenty of time to recover if I really goofed.) It is HARD work. I accused him of being like the dealers giving free crack to kids.

Congrats on your venture, Steve. You're doing great and you're off to a smooth start! And you have the support of an amazing woman. Best wishes!!

1 comment:

Joe Miller said...

One more adjective: Jealous.