Posting...
Is it the spring weather? None of my favourite bloggers seems to be posting these days. Of course I live in a glass house and can't throw stones; I haven't been carrying my weight either.So much going on these days. This is the first night in weeks that I haven't been racing out to do something.
I played golf twice since my last post, and, as one golfing buddy said, I had PMS: my game Pretty Much Sucks. I knew when I hit that 45 that I wouldn't start hitting that every time I went out. But to add about a dozen strokes over 9 holes is humbling. Ah, golf.
My garden is all in. I read there is a small chance of frost tonight so I put my newly sprouting beans and tomatoes under blankets. This weekend I put up my trellis for the climbers on the North sides of the boxes. This makes that setting out blankets a snap, as long as the wind doesn't blow them away.
My biggest headache is the !*#^!@#@ed squirrel. He comes and digs up my plants looking for tidbits. Just about every day he comes and digs up another square. I try to love all of God's creatures, but this one is pushing my buttons.
My second biggest headache is watching out for poison ivy. So far I've managed to see it before it saw me. A couple times I plastered it with Roundup, which seems effective, and other times I just used the tried and true dig it out method.
The third biggest headache is the Creeping Charlie. A friend finally identified the stuff that has taken over my front yard and that is well on the way to taking over the back too. Its futile, but my goal is to wipe the stuff off my yard, without resorting to things that I wouldn't want to find on my dinner plate. This means a lot of hand pulling.
In other news, #1 daughter moved in with me for a couple of days. She's been sick and wanted someplace to stay and recover from whatever it is that has her down. Glad I can help her.
No comments:
Post a Comment