Friday, May 30, 2008

The Memorial...

Going to The Memorial means leaving the house at 5:30am, driving for four hours, walking around in the sun for seven and a half hours, then driving home for another four hours.

Sound crazy?

Of course. But it was a great day.

As a kid and young adult, I guess I thought golf was the stupidest game in the world, and golfers were a bunch of dandies.

It is still a very strange game, but I've come to respect it - even love it.

And when I see good these professionals are, I am in awe.

And walking around this course for the day I realized that I wasn't the only one. In fact, there are thousands of people walking the course at the same time, and almost all of us have tried to do what these guys make look so easy. And since we know that it isn't at all easy, all of these people are walking around are wondering, somewhere in the back of their minds, if these pro golfers are actually human.

Maybe later I'll write more about the experience. Right now I need to put my head down and sleep.

No comments: