Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Settling in...

I had a busy weekend, playing at two (count them, two) square dances. Why do these things happen on the same weekend?

Of course they were fun, but it takes s huge patch out of the weekend and means I'm scrambling to grab a few groceries on Sunday evening, and hanging out laundry at odd times of the day and night.

The highlight was moving back into my closet and 'proclaiming that it is good.' I get a remarkable amount of satisfaction from the little things that make the place mine. Even something like putting a chair in the right place is a wonder, and to actually have shelves in my closet triggers a deep sigh of contentment. How will I feel when I get some hooks in place, and another bank of shelves built and installed?

I once had a friend who would say "Simple pleasures, simple minds." Maybe that's true; but I think it is deeper than that, having to do with my world turning upside down and figuring out now what sticks and what has dissipated.

1 comment:

leena miller said...

reminds me of a quote from pride and pred..."shelves in a closet? happy thought indeed." ~ elizabeth benett