Hung up...
I decided that after a nice all night rain, the digging plan was a wash out (sorry, I couldn't resist).So when I woke up still in the mood for something that didn't need a computer, I turned my attention to my closet overhaul.
The closets in this house are those really deep style where the ceiling slopes all the way to the floor in the back. My bedroom closet had very - shall we say - idiosyncratic hangers and shelves that could be reached if you pawed through all your clothes to get to them. I've been pondering the right approach, and today I got it started. (An alert reader may well ask "And your solution isn't idiosyncratic?" to which there is no good answer except the truth: "Of course. But it's my damn closet.")
So far I've had one trip to Menards and one to True Value. Tomorrow I'll put on a couple more coats of paint and move a exposed electrical wire (idiosyncratic also means they were creative in meeting the electrical code), and then I can move back in. I'll still have some shelves to build, but I can get those done whenever it suits me.
Fun day getting my handyman on.
No comments:
Post a Comment