When I was a kid I could earn real money for ironing shirts. I think it was 10 cents a shirt. Mom taught me the order: collar, yoke, sleeves, placket, body. I learned how to set the iron temperature. I ironed a lot of shirts when I was a kid, and I still know how. It seems that with the newer no-iron fabrics I don't have to do it very often, but almost every time I travel, I take a shirt out of my bag and touch it up in the hotel. And every time I do I think of the order Mom taught me: collar, yoke, sleeves, placket, body.
Which reminds me of another little lesson. Everytime I hang out my laundry, especially on a clothesline outside, I can hear her voice saying "Laundry well hung, ironing half done."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment