Thursday, April 16, 2009

Three quick notes...

Kudos to Joe for modeling an antidote to complaining.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm driving up to Waterloo to bring #1 daughter home for a short vacation. Wish us safe travels.

Have you been following the White House garden? Let's hear it for fresh vegetables! Now there is a stink from some pesticide lobby about going organic. I'd like to hear what Uncle Leo would say about that.

PS: (The fourth quick note written Friday morning.) I peeled back my shower curtain this morning, and the new bloom on my Phalaenopsis took my breath away. For weeks this plant has been sending out a spike, with several light green balls growing slowly - oh so slowly - larger and larger. This morning the first had burst open like ... well the only metaphors I can come up with are spiritual and sexual, and it is too early to go either place.

No comments: