Favorite - er Favourite - new blog...
This morning I dusted off George Monbiot's Heat - How to stop the planet from burning. Ben gave it to me before he left for PC, and I think Leena gave it to him before that. I started to read it maybe a year ago and found it too depressing, shelved it, and think I might be able to pick it up again now.Today I stumbled on Monbiot's blog today and I'm really, really impressed. This guy writes well, and documents every claim he makes. He is British (hence the lame joke about British spelling).
I urge you to set up your RSS reader so you can keep up with him. I really appreciate the way he cuts through the crap. Take this post about the real problem with plastic bags, or this one that calculates the (non-existent) carbon benefit behind schemes to stimulate the economy by paying drivers to scrap old cars. Or for a real downer, read this one that makes a compelling case that its already too late, but we have to still try.
No comments:
Post a Comment