Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ron Carter...

Nearly two months ago I reported on my new power amp and assorted accruments. On the theme of borrowed sound, my cousin Charles emailed me and offered me a pair of Saphire II speakers he put together a few years ago. Charles likes to build stuff and then he has this problem getting rid of it. (If you know anyone looking for a really nice guitar, let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.)

So today I finally got down to Grabill and picked them up. I plugged them in a few minutes ago and heard, I think for the first time, Ron Carter's bass on Johnny Frigo's Live from Studio A.

Right now I'm listening to Menuhin play the Beethoven Violin Concerto. These speakers, driven by this amp, give amazing sound across the range. It is beautiful.

Oh - now it's The Brubeck Brothers. Whew.

Stop in sometime for a listen.

But not now. I'm heading down to the CS soon to mark a page that turned over. You can join me if you want.

No comments: