Better than a crocus...
What could be better than a crocus poking it's head up in spring?Easy - the garlic I planted late last fall - 'cause they're edible.
I couldn't believe my eyes this afternoon when I pushed back the leaves I had piled on top of my garden back in November or December and found a bunch of these little guys poking through.
I'm not sure that the squirrels didn't dig a bunch of them up though. I don't want to be too hasty in casting judgment, but it looks a little suspicious.
Crocuses are starting to poke through, as is the rhubarb. One of my ornamental grasses is showing signs of life too.
Late this afternoon I went for a long bike ride - up along the mill race to the dam, then back up to the bike trail south from College Church to Waterford School. Then I found myself heading west on CR 40 - took CR 21 south to 142 and back up to 15 and home past my mother's. I took a little detour through a corn field down to the river off of 21. Everything is in flood down there, but it was a beautiful back in the woods. Is there anything prettier than last year's lacy leaves on a beech tree before the new buds come in?
Actually it was beautiful everywhere I went.
No comments:
Post a Comment