Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Premio Dardos...

Some Bird tagged me with a meme with a title.
Premio Dardos means 'prize darts.' This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.
Some Bird thinks I deserve it because she's my favorite daughter. I'll show her. Here are the rules:
Step 1: Respond and rework — answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: Tag other bloggers to do the same.

Here are the questions:

What are you wearing right now?
Jeans and a button down shirt - green plaid
What part of your house never gets cleaned?
Basement - although I've been thinking about doing it because sometimes I drop clean laundry on the floor when I'm hanging it up to dry.
Do you nap a lot?
No. Except on weekends.
Who is the last person you hugged?
Sara
What websites do you visit when you go online?
Every morning I hit Google reader to check the family and friends blog feed. Then I check the hourly weather forecast to decide if I can bike to work. I usually check etruth for headlines and obits.
What was the last item you bought?
Tonight I swung by MacIntosh and bought 2 dozen 3 1/2" peat pots, a drainage tray, and assorted seeds (flowers and some red peppers) for porch pots and garden.
What’s the last book you read?
Actually completed? I guess that would be Susan Howatch's "Absolute Truths". I have about 3 or 4 that are floating around half done right now.
If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to?
Dumb question.
What did you last eat?
Sigh... Tonight was family night comfort food @ Pete & Marilyn's: Cab Sauv and cheese appetizer, Baked Macaroni & Cheese (ok penne & 4 cheeses - this was not kraft crap), green salad with feta and olives, steamed brocolli, homemade apple sauce topped with tea and homemade chocolate chip cookies. It isn't just because I didn't have to make it that it was good.
What is one skill you wish you had, but don’t:
I wish I could play piano - really play it.
What was the last movie you watched?
Lewis & Martin: Scared Stiff.
Dumb.
My substitute question: Do you believe in luck?
Not really. I think 'Shit happens' is a profound theological statement.
If you had a whole day to yourself; no work, commitments or interruptions what would you do?
Start with a nice breakfast and a good cup of coffee and make the rest up as I go.
Is there a major goal you have that you haven’t yet achieved?
Yes. (Look - I answered the question.)
Where did you meet your spouse/partner/bf/cat?
I have no spouse, partner or cat. I assume bf means best friend, and I have more than one. If you're asking about the person that I'm dating, I met her on the church bus.
What is something that those in blogland might not know about you?
My mother reads my blog. My children read my blog. Do you really think I'm going to tell you something about myself that they don't already know? You can take that anyway you want.
What Countries have you visited as an adult?
Canada (OK - I lived there), Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, Burkina Faso, Germany, Finland, Russia, France (very briefly), Britain, Philippines, Texas
What do you do to relieve stress?
Work and get the job done. Meditate. Drink herbal tea. Ride bike. Play squash. Drink wine. Remind myself that there is nothing to fear in the moment.
What is your first clear memory from your childhood?
I sometimes wonder if I remember being born. I have a fragment of memory of being in an oxygen tent that my mother says happened when I was 9 months. I definitely remember at 5 when Pete was demonstrating how to use a shovel and I got the scar on my lip and forehead.
As this is supposed to be a cultural award, what is the most recent piece of painting or sculpture that really impressed you?
Some Bird's pictures of 125 Hollywood.
What is the last piece of music that you heard and what did you think of it?
The other night I was listening to Edward Aldwell's CD of Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1 and I thought "This just doesn't sparkle like Glenn Gould's recordings."
My new question: If you could have dinner with anyone - living today or a historical figure - who would it be and why? Name the runner-ups if you want.
I think it would have to be Jesus. I'd like to know if it - meaning the last 2000 years - turned out like he thought. Runner ups: probably Wolfgang Mozart, because he was such a genius; Leonardo daVinci, another genius; and Carl Jung, to talk to him about dreams.
Who will I tag to receive the honor after me?
Not that far, because he writes so well and friends and family want to hear more about his life in Philippines; and IrregularReflections because he is just back from Guatemala and he has probably seen some good art that we should hear about.

No comments: