Triumph. Maybe...
Just maybe ... I've screened off the old chimney. (I checked, nobody was down in it.) There is no way they can get from the attic down to the basement.What's more, I found a point of entry into the attic. There is a vent in the wall of the attic at the peak, just a few feet from the top of that chimney. The nylon screen over it was all torn up with plenty of room for a bat to fly in. So I sealed it off to. Why would anyone put a nylon screen on an attic vent?
This fits so much more with what I thought bats do: come in high.
When I stuck my head in the old chimney I got a strong updraft, so it isn't hard to imagine why they'd find that attractive. Then they just follow that into the house and eventually end up in the duct work...
So maybe, just maybe, this solves it for good.
BTW: SomeBird, hand balancing, had nothing on me. Try perching on rafters, cutting screening, where the penalty for slipping is falling through the ceiling. And it is still about 110. And you're dripping sweat.
OK, maybe it isn't quite as hard as hand balancing. But I was grateful for the old guy yoga lessons anyhow.
No comments:
Post a Comment