All clear...
This blog is called MAWG for a reason, and this weekend I experienced what all MAGs need to experience within a few years of turning 50. I'll spare you the gory details, but I'm happy that I've been given a pass until 2018 for my next colonoscopy.This was the first time I've been under a general anesthetic. By the time I got into the OR I was feeling pretty miserable. I hadn't eaten for 36 hours and couldn't have water or even - gasp - coffee - for the prior 12 hours. The doc told me he'd have a smile on my face in just a few minutes. Turned out he was right; my last memory was very very pleasant. Its a good thing narcotics are not easy to get because it was a far better feeling than even a very good cup of coffee.
Coming out was a different experience altogether. They told me I would need someone to help me get home, but I didn't really understand just how clued out I would be. There are major portions Monday afternoon that I have no memory of.
The weird thing was that I went to work on Tuesday and felt pretty good, but came home and was wired as if on coffee the whole night long. In anticipation of my prep on Sunday I checked out a bunch of Wendell Berry books from the library. In the middle of last night's buzzing I picked up a book of his poems and was swept away. I love this guy's writing.
Time for winding down for the night and a calm night of sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment